Gather all the good children to help make these chocolate speckles. They are such fun to make, give and eat. Decorate them with your favourite Christmas themed sprinkles!
Recipe created by The Australian Women's Weekly Test Kitchen
1. Grease a 20cm round springform pan; line base and side with baking paper.
2. Process OREO cookies to fine crumbs. Add butter, process until combined. Press mixture onto base of pan using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for cheesecake layers, place ¼ cup water in a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle over the gelatine. Stand bowl in boiling water, stirring until gelatine is dissolves.
4. Beat cream cheese, milk and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Divide mixture into three even portions. Fold white chocolate into one portion, milk chocolate into another and dark chocolate into remaining portion. Fold one-third of the gelatine mixture into each portion. Gently fold one-third of the whipped cream into each portion.
5. Spread dark chocolate mixture evenly over cookie base, smoothing the surface. Spread milk chocolate mixture over dark chocolate layer, followed by the white chocolate mixture, being careful not to combine the three layers. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
6. To make chocolate topping, combine extra cream and dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave on 80% power for 60-90 seconds, in bursts, until almost melted. Cool slightly, then stir until slightly thickened.
7. To decorate, spoon chocolate topping over the top of the cheesecake, pushing it slightly over the edge. Scatter with FLAKE bar pieces and broken TOBLERONE bars.