Gather all the good children to help make these chocolate speckles. They are such fun to make, give and eat. Decorate them with your favourite Christmas themed sprinkles!
Recipe created by The Australian Women's Weekly Test Kitchen
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan; line base and sides with baking paper (leaving 2cm overhang).
2. To make base, process cookies to fine crumbs. Add butter and ground ginger; process until combined. Press over base of the prepared pan; smooth surface. Refrigerate until set.
3. Process cream cheese, eggs and sugar in a clean food processor bowl until smooth. Fold through crystallised ginger and two crumbled FLAKE bars then pour the filling over the base. Bake for 50 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool slightly, then refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
3. Place cream and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on 80% power for 60-90 seconds, in bursts, until almost melted. Stir to combine; cool slightly. Pour over the cheesecake, refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
4. To serve, using a hot dry knife, cut cheesecake into slices. Scatter with remaining crumbled FLAKE bar.
TIP The slice will keep refrigerated for 3 days.