Recipe created by The Australian Women's Weekly Test Kitchen
1. Preheat oven to 120°C. Line three large oven trays with baking paper.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl with an electric mixer to soft peaks. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved between additions. Beat in cornflour and vinegar on low speed until just combined (overbeating at this stage will cause the meringue to deflate).
3. Fill a bowl with hot water. Using a 2 Tbsp release-mechanism ice-cream scoop, scoop meringue onto trays 5cm apart. Rinse scoop occasionally in the hot water and change the water. Bake meringues for 1 hour or until dry to touch. Cool in oven with door ajar.
4. Meanwhile, place cream and white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on 80% power for 60-90 seconds, in bursts, until almost melted. Stir to combine; cool slightly. Beat cream cheese and icing sugar, using an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in chocolate mix; beat for 3 minutes until thickened. Spoon mousse into a piping bag fitted with a 5mm plain nozzle. Refrigerate until required.
5. Melt extra white chocolate as in step 4. Spread three-quarters thickly on baking paper. Refrigerate until almost firm. Using a 7cm star cutter, stamp out shapes. Outline stars with small pieces of FLAKE bars and glue with remaining white chocolate.
6. To assemble, make a 22cm tall cone from paper; place on a serving plate. Stack meringues around cone in a pyramid using mousse as ‘glue’. Break remaining FLAKE bars into chunky shards; place in gaps. Melt dark chocolate as in step 4; drizzle over tree. Position a star on top. Scatter tree with FLAKE bar crumbs and dust with extra icing sugar. Serve with remaining chocolate stars.
TIP Meringues can be made 2 days ahead; store in an airtight container. Mousse can be made 1 day ahead; store in the fridge. You can also pipe or spoon the meringues.
#FLAKE Christmas TreeSearch results for #FLAKE Christmas Tree
8 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 cups (440g) caster sugar
1 Tbsp cornflour
2 tsp white vinegar
½ cup (125ml) thickened cream
90g CADBURY Baking white chocolate, chopped
125g PHILADELPHIA original block cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp icing sugar, sifted
90g CADBURY Baking white chocolate, extra
8 x 30g CADBURY FLAKE Bars
90g CADBURY Baking dark chocolate
2 tsp icing sugar, extra