Gather all the good children to help make these chocolate speckles. They are such fun to make, give and eat. Decorate them with your favourite Christmas themed sprinkles!
Recipe created by The Australian Women's Weekly Test Kitchen
1. Preheat oven to 170⁰C. Grease a 24cm round springform pan, line base and side with two layers of baking paper.
2. Process OREO cookies until fine crumbs form. Add butter, process until combined. Press mixture onto base of pan using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. To make cheesecake, beat cream cheese, sugar, rind, cornflour, 3 eggs and yolks in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add cream; beat until thickened. Pour filling over cookie base. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
4. To make pavlova top, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add extra sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating after each addition until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour. Remove cheesecake from oven. Reduce oven to 120⁰C. Spoon meringue over cheesecake, using the back of a spoon, swirling to create peaks.
5. Bake for a further 1 hour or until the pavlova top is dry to the touch. Turn oven off; cool in oven with door ajar.
6. To make chocolate cream, combine half the extra cream and the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on 80% power for 60-90 seconds, in bursts, until smooth and chocolate melts. Remove from the heat; cool. Beat remaining cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixture until soft peaks form. Gradually fold in chocolate mixture until smooth and combined. Place cake on a cake stand or plate. Spread with chocolate cream; top with raspberries and crumbled FLAKE bars.