What you need
1½ cups pure icing sugar
½ cup blanched almonds
¼ cup CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
1 teaspoon Chai tea (from a tea bag)
3 egg whites, at room temperature
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup caster sugar
150g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate Melts
1/3 cup cream
This delicious macaron recipe is our Cadbury take on a French classic, featuring a twist of cocoa and spice.
1. COMBINE the icing sugar, almonds, cocoa and Chai in a food processor and process until fine.
2. BEAT the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Continue beating, whilst gradually adding the caster sugar just until mixture holds stiff peaks.
3. FOLD one third of the almond mixture into the meringue and then gently fold in the remaining mixture until just combined. Spoon 3cm rounds onto baking paper lined trays to make 48, allowing 2-3cm between each for spreading. Use a wet finger to pat down any tips. Stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes or until macarons form a light crust.
4. BAKE in a slow oven 150°C for 22-28 minutes or puffed and lightly coloured around the edges. Leave on trays, on wire racks to cool completely.
5. COMBINE the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring constantly until chocolate has melted. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until firm enough to spread.
6. TO assemble, spread chocolate filling onto 24 macarons and top with remaining macarons, pressing together gently. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until required.