What you need
1¼ cups flour
¼ cup icing sugar
¼ cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
125g butter, chopped
1/3 cup thickened cream
180g CADBURY DAIRY MILK Roast Almond, broken into pieces
1 cup caster sugar
¼ cup water
50g slivered almonds, toasted
Tartlets made with Cadbury Dairy Milk Roast Almond Chocolate are perfectly delicious for a special afternoon tea!
1. COMBINE flour, sugar, cocoa and butter in a food processor and process just until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and process briefly to combine. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead to form soft dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
2. ROLL out pastry on a floured surface to ¼ cm thick. Using a 6.5-7cm fluted cutter, cut 12 rounds of pastry and press into a non-stick round bottom patty pan. Prick well with a fork. Bake in a moderately hot oven 190°C for 6-8 minutes until cooked. Allow to stand 5 minutes in the pan then remove to a wire rack. Cool.
3. HEAT the cream in a saucepan and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Whisk vigorously until smooth then spoon into pastry cases and set aside to firm.
4. COMBINE the sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Allow to boil for 3-5 minutes without stirring until golden. Remove from the heat and carefully pour over almonds that have been scattered on a paper lined tray. Allow to cool and set. Break into shards once cool.
5. SERVE tartlets decorated with shards of praline on the top.
TIP: Pastry cases may be made ahead and stored in an airtight container. Serve the ganache filled tarts within a few hours or store in the refrigerator.