What you need
6 x 180gg CADBURY DAIRY MILK Blocks
2 x 30g CADBURY FLAKE
1 x 125g PASCALL marshmallows, for decorating
1 x 230g box MINI OREO, for decorating
Royal icing, icing sugar and confectionery for decorating, optional
Share your Cadbury Chocolate House creations on Instagram! Don't forget the hashtag #cadburyhouse.
1. CUT out chocolate house template provided.
2. USE a serrated knife to cut around the template on two chocolate blocks (required to form the front and back doors). Reserve one bottom row for the chimney.
3. TAKE remaining off-cuts and break into a microwave-safe bowl.
4. MELT the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 50% POWER. Begin with 20 second bursts then reduce to shorter bursts as the chocolate melts, stirring well periodically. Only heat until 75% of the chocolate has melted.
5. SPREAD melted chocolate along the short side of an uncut block and press together with the long side of the door (from step 1).
6. REPEAT to form both sides of the house. Shape house so corners area as square as possible. Allow a few minutes to stand.
7. TO MAKE the roof, spread a little chocolate around edges of the 2 remaining uncut blocks of chocolate and place onto the house, holding and pressing for a few moments to firm.
8. MAKE a diagonal cut in the reserved row of chocolate to make the chimney. Stick to roof using melted chocolate. Use melted chocolate to attach FLAKE ‘roof’, marshmallow ‘smoke’ and the mini OREO ‘door handle’.
9. DECORATE as desired and dust with icing sugar.
TIP: Chocolate may be carefully re-melted in the microwave at 50% POWER (as per step 4).
Download: Download step-by-step instructions here or just the cut-out template here.