Method 1 (recommended)
- Ensure your bench is clean and smooth. Preferably put some plastic or kitchen paper down on the surface to catch any drips.
- Holding the mould at an angle, gently pour the tempered melted chocolate into the moulds as desired.
- Once filled or coated, gently tap the mould on to your surface to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Use a plastic or metal scraper to remove any excess chocolate from the top of the mould.
- Refrigerate for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Method 2 (microwave)
- Instead of filling the moulds completely, coat the moulds with tempered chocolate only as illustrated and then place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Using a piping bag with a small round nozzle, fill with your choice of ganache. Alternatively you may like to add some candies or nuts.
- Place the nozzle in the centre of each mould and fill to the ¾ mark with the ganache without touching the hardened chocolate edge. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until the centre is hardened.
- Hold the mould at an angle and pour the remaining tempered chocolate over the mould completely covering the ganache filled moulds.
- Use the spatula to scrape off excess chocolate and refrigerate for 20 minutes until the chocolate is hardened.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, the chocolate should have shrunk back slightly from the moulds, making them easy to tap out onto the work surface ready for eating or decorating.
0 events in your personalised itinerary