1. Warm the milk in the microwave for 30 seconds on high power.
2. Add yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar, stir and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Place flour, cocoa, allspice in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
4. Pour milk mixture into flour, add melted butter egg and extra caster sugar and combine to make a dough.
5. Knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth.
6. Cover with a tea towel and prove in a warm place for 1 ½ hours or until doubled in size.
7. Place the dough on a clean work surface, punch out the air and flatten out the dough. Sprinkle over the choc chips. Knead for a few minutes until smooth.
8. Divide dough into 16. Press 2 caramel buttons into each piece of dough and shape into a ball. Place on a lined oven tray. Repeat with the remaining dough.
9. Cover with a clean tea towel and allow to prove for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
10. Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
11. Bake for 20 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
12. Melt white chocolate and pour into a disposable piping bag or ziplock bag. Snip off the end and carefully pipe crosses on the cooled buns.
13. To serve spread hot cross buns with PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
#Triple Chocolate Hot Cross BunsSearch results for #Triple Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
1 ¾ cups milk
2 tsp dried instant yeast
1 Tbsp caster sugar + 4 ½ Tbsp caster sugar, divided
4 ¼ cups strong bread flour
½ cup CADBURY Bourneville cocoa
1 tsp allspice
75g unsalted butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
200g CADBURY dark chocolate chips
75g CADBURY Baking Caramel Buttons
180g CADBURY Baking White chocolate block
To Serve 250g PHILADELPHIA Spreadable cream cheese