What you need
500g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream cheese, softened
1 cup honey
¼ cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
185g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate ,chopped
8 sheets filo pastry
100g unsalted butter , melted
10 sheets filo pastry, extra
100g unsalted butter , extra, melted
¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
¾ cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar, extra
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice, extra
1 teaspoon cinnamon, extra
1 tablespoon brandy
This is a terrific twist on the traditional chocolate cheesecake. It does take some work, but it's worth it!
1. BEAT the PHILLY with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the honey, lemon juice and vanilla. Gently beat in the eggs one at a time, then fold in the chocolate.
2. BRUSH a sheet of filo with melted butter, fold in half and butter the top. Repeat with 7 more pastry sheets. Gently lay and stack, buttered side up, each folded filo sheet into a greased 25cm spring-form pan allowing pastry to overhang. Pour the filling into the prepared filo base. Gently fold & press the excess filo back over the filling. Bake in a moderate oven 180°C for 50-60 minutes or until the filo is puffed and golden. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to ease the cake from the sides. Pierce the filo pastry with a skewer or toothpick to release the steam. Allow to cool then cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the pan and place on a serving plate.
3. BRUSH a sheet of filo with melted butter, fold in half and butter the top. Repeat with 9 more pastry sheets. Gently lay and stack, buttered side up, each folded filo sheet onto a greased baking sheet, using the spring form pan as a template to cut around the pastry to make a circular base.
4. IN a small bowl combine and mix walnuts, almonds, sugar and cinnamon Making sure the top pastry layer is buttered, evenly sprinkle with the nut mixture. With a sharp knife cut the pastry sheets in half and half again, repeating until you have approximately 16 triangles. Butter the inside of the spring-form pan and place upside down over the stacked filo triangles. (This will help keep a perfect shape). Bake in a moderate oven 180°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
5. COMBINE the extra sugar, water and extra lemon juice a small saucepan over a low heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Add the extra cinnamon, slightly increase the heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the brandy. Arrange the triangle filo pieces on top of the cheesecake then pour over the warm syrup. Keep chilled until ready to serve.